Friday, August 26, 2016

ONE SCARY DAY - MY MY MY MYOMA!

The story of my first operation. This happened February last year (2015).


The PAIN..
It was again a normal day when I started to feel pain at the left side of my stomach. 9 over 10 ang sakit bes! I have a very high pain tolerance so I decided to still go to the office that day. However, around 2 in the morning, I couldn't bear the pain anymore. I immediately called my husband and asked him to bring me to the hospital. I was so worried na baka appendicitis. I was not scared with the fact that I will undergo operation (I'm really curious on what it feels like to be operated. Yes, I'm THAT weird.) but with the fact that I have a 20 week-old baby inside my tummy! How will that work? Will my baby die? Can they operate on me while there's a baby inside my tummy?


Figuring what it was..
They've performed several tests but couldn't determine what was causing the pain. My OB told me it could be ovarian cyst, myoma, or appendicitis. She told us that I have to undergo exploratory laparotomy wherein she will open my stomach to see what's inside (aside from the baby, of course).


The BIG day..
The next morning, I was prepped on my way to OR. The doctors were explaining what they will do. I saw lights (everywhere), stainless steel cabinets, stainless sink, tools, cannulas, etc. Then suddenly, a nurse shaved my hair down there and inserted a catheter! The anaesthesiologist asked me to lie sideways and curl my body (like a fetus), then he inserted a huge needle on my spine.

I was awake during the operation. They didn't use general anaesthesia as it will be harmful for the baby. I could feel the tugging on my stomach. I could feel the doctor stitching me! Yes, I could feel the PAIN!!! I cried and just said "ang sakit". I'm in pain but I'm too groggy. My anaesthesiologist calmed me down and told me that the operation would be over. He encouraged me to be brave and bear the pain for the little one.


Recovery..
When I woke up at the recovery room, all I can feel is PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN! I cried and cried then went back to sleep again. I woke up again after a few hours and noticed that they were bringing me back to my room. Thank GOD I can finally see my husband. He looked so worried. He looked uneasy. Then I cried again, because all I can feel is PAIN.

The days went by and I still feel the PAIN. (Please excuse me for using the word PAIN again and again. MASAKIT TALAGA!) They only gave Paracetamol every 4 hours and that's it. Painkillers are not allowed for preggos so tiis tiis for the little one. I cried all day and night but I'm so thankful that my husband is very patient and optimistic. He always sees the good in every bad and I need to learn that from him.


Realizations..
Couple of days have passed when I started to feel better. I was so thankful that I was able to endure everything. ALL for the little one. I was so happy that my mom finally said "I love you" (through text). I said "I love you too". It was the first time we said I love you's to each other. Our family is not that expressive so I'm happy to know na mahal pala ako ng nanay ko. :)

After that scary and painful experience, I can say na kaya ko pala tiisin lahat for my son. It was him who made me strong. I got my strength from him and from Chester. But I won't be able to endure all of it without God's help and guidance. Thank God everything went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment