Friday, August 26, 2016

Updates!

What's going ON?


I just want to revive this almost non-exixtent blog. It's been years since I posted a blog and a lot of things happened! MAJOR things.


ENGAGEMENT.
I got engaged on January 23, 2014 (my 25th birthday). It was just a simple proposal but everything is crystal clear in my head -  even the tiniest detail. It was a normal night at the office (I work at night) when I decided to check my phone if there's any text from my ex-boyfriend (now husband). To my surprise, I have 20 missed calls and a text saying "andito ako sa parking". I hurriedly went to the parking area and saw him inside his car. He handed a paper bag from 7-11. Gift daw nya. When I opened it, I saw a box of iPhone 5s!!! (A week before my birthday, he asked me which phone I prefer - iPhone or samsung. I said iPhone.) I was so giddy and opened the box immediately when I saw his iPhone 4s! I was so confused. I asked him if he's giving away his phone and if he bought a new one. I asked him to show it to me but he told me to turn on the phone. There was a poem. I know I said earlier that I still remember every details (sorry, I LIED! LOL) but I honestly forgot what the poem says. The only line that I remember is the last one which says, "Can you be my wife?".


I broke down to tears.


I can't believe that someone wants me to be his lifetime partner. I never imagined someone will ask me that question.


After reading the poem again, I hugged him while he was still inside the car and said, "YES!".
The day after he proposed, I immediately asked my know-it-all friend a.k.a GOOGLE on how to prepare for a wedding. Next thing I know, I'm already a GIRLTALKER (femalenetwork.com's forum). Thanks heaven, all the things I need to know in getting married is there! From the budget to check lists, suppliers, etc. Months went by so quickly. We've attended 2 bridal fairs and 2 food tastings, we even went to Divisoria to find cheap but quality gowns and barong. We also met our suppliers, etc. etc.


10-Oct-14. OUR BIG DAY.
I was so chill on our big day. I never became a BRIDEZILLA which Chester should be really thankful for! *wink Diane, my MUA told me that I was blooming that day and ako daw ang pinaka-CHILL na bride nya. At that time, I always think that glitches can happen anytime. My wedding will never be perfect and I don't really care. Really. All I care about is getting married with the person destined to me. Yes, I believe in DESTINY.


After our wedding day, my life turned 180 degrees. Things between Chester and I remained the same except for the facts that we lived together in the same house, we need to do household chores by our own, we can leave the plates unwashed (the entire day! Please don't tell our moms! LOL), and do whatever we want to do! It's like playing bahay-bahayan until the most shocking moment of our lives.


**Sharing our Save the Date and SDE videos..


Ches + Tin Save the Date Video 10.10.14

LITTLE MUNCHKIN
Ches and I had a big fight the day before I found out I was pregnant. We were shouting at each other from the night before. It was a Sunday, so we went to church and I told him I need to buy something at the drugstore. Hi didn't know I will buy a pregnancy test. I didn't told him as I was still mad at him.


At Mercury Drugstore
Me: Miss, pabili ng PT kit (with a soft voice. I know I'm already married so I don't need to be shy but it was my first time to buy a PT kit. I didn't even know then that there are different types of PT kit.)
Pharmacy assistant: PT Kit (with a loud voice. You know that usual set up where they take a lot of orders so sometimes they won't remember who bought what.)
Me (in my mind): Ano ba yan, hininaan ko na nga boses ko. Pinagsigawan pa ni ate na bumibili ako ng PT kit.



Then, when we arrived at the apartment, I immediately went to the bathroom. Aaaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddd, there were TWO FREAKIN' LINES!


I went out (still mad at Chester) of the bathroom, sat beside him and revealed the good news. "Di mo na ko pweding awayin mula ngayon. Di na ko pwedeng ma-stress...... buntis ako!" . He smiled then we hugged and said sorry to each other. We're the happiest people in the universe!

ONE SCARY DAY
-PLEASE SEE MY NEXT BLOG POST. :)

A BIGGER DAY!
June 20 2015, noon time. We went to my OB for my regular check up. She requested a biophysical profile ultrasound to check on our little chestnut.

Around 2 pm. We went to LAGRO ultrasound clinic to inquire about their BPS. They have available slot but the doctor is still on the other hospital so we need to wait. Then we waited and waited and waited and waited.

Past 4 pm. Finally, the doctor came. We went inside the room and she examined the baby. Everything seems to be fine until she told us that my amniotic fluid was way low beyond the normal. I got 3.5cm when the normal should not be lower than 5cm. She said I need to inform my OB immediately.

6 pm. We're finally home. I texted the BPS result to my OB. She called me and asked me to prepare my things and go to the hospital immediately. She told us that she would perform the CS that night. I was shocked. We haven't prepared our things yet! I haven't ironed little one's clothes as we are not expecting I will give birth any time soon. I was only 35 weeks.

7 pm. We went to the delivery room and the waiting game begins. They hooked me to stress test to see how the baby is going. They performed several IEs. Next thing I know, they're transferring me to OR.


21-Jun-15, 12:35 AM. 
BABY OUT!!! I heard a loud cry. They showed him to me. I saw my phone and the nurses are taking pictures. I'm not prepared! I'm groggy.


I mentioned earlier that my life only turned 180 degrees after I got married. It's because being a first time mom turned my life 360 degrees.


My zombie life began.


Yes, I'm now a mom to a 14 months super cute munchkin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment