Sunday, July 07, 2013

Bantayan Island, Cebu Escapade!

Disclaimer: This post has been long overdue. The trip happened waaaaaay back February (apologies for my lack of time + katamaran.. hehehe!)

Sometime last year, I booked a flight to Cebu. Ches and I decided to go with his family and his brother's girlfriends. After I booked the flight, the first thing that came to my mind was, "San kami pupunta?".

The whole gang..

I know Cebu has a lot to offer at sa sobrang dami, it would be impossible na malibot in 4 days and 3 nights. Many thanks to numerous travel blogs nowadays, I discovered one of the best beaches in Cebu - Bantayan.

Before we went to Bantayan, we decided to stay in Cebu City. I found a cheap accommodation with the help of my travel buddy, TripAdvisor.

Sugbutel is located 2 blocks away from SM City Cebu. Their rates per person per night for their hostel accommodation ranges from Php 250 - 600. Why that cheap? Because instead of the typical hotel rooms, their rooms have bunk beds (tulad sa barko). Since we're a group of 9, we took their first class accommodation. Our room has 4 bunk beds tapos nag request na lang ng extra matress.


Those lovely portraits at their lobby!
We paid Php 350 each for upper beds and Php 400 for lower beds. Their rooms are all air-conditioned with free WiFi + they will provide fitted sheets, blankets and towels. I highly recommend this hotel for someone na naghahanap lang ng decent place to sleep just like us. ^_^

Bunk beds at Sugbutel

The next day, we headed to North Bus Terminal where we will ride the bus bound to Hagnaya Port (the jump off point going to Bantayan).

Isa lang ang alam kong aircon bus na bumabyahe from Cebu to Hagnaya which is Ceres. Travel time is approximately 3 hours and fare is around Php 150.

Free WiFi on board. Necessity na talaga ang WiFi ngayon ^_^


Pag dating sa Hangnaya port, kailangang sumakay ng ferry to Bantayan Island. Travel time is around 45 mins and fare is around Php 150.

Tip: Catch the early bus trip from Cebu. Check Google for bus and ferry schedules. It will save you a lot of time.

When we reached Sta. Fe port (Bantayan) our service was already waiting for us. Anika Resort provides free shuttle service from Sta. Fe to resort and v.v.


Our sundo..
Upon arrival, we were welcomed by the friendly staff of Anika resort. Check-in was a breeze! They gave us our welcome refreshments and assisted us to our rooms. Pag pasok pa lang, you will be stunned by the amazing view!!!
 
Ang napakagandang view na bubungad sayo..


I was so excited that I can't wait to see the shore..
 
I'm inlove!



We stayed at Anika for 3 days and 2 nights. For as low as Php 1,500 per night (courtyard rooms), you will be able to enjoy this wonderful and serene place. All rooms are air-conditioned with hot and cold shower, cable TV and the most thing that I liked, it has a veranda! Ang saya! ^_^

We booked 3 courtyard rooms and 1 garden view room. The 3 courtyard rooms are adjacent with each other. If you'll notice, there's a passage way between each verndas which is good in our case. Parang magkakapitbahay lang! ^_^

Aside from the crystal clear water, the awesome view and the lovely rooms, the other thing that I love about Anika is their food. Yes, it's a little bit pricey (which I already expected) but for me it's sulit! (Sulit = nakakabusog + masarap!)


Daing na pusit SILOG ^_^


Danggitsilog

Kinilaw (must try)

Pakbet (highly recommended)
 And of course, this trip was memorable because of the people that I'm with!


                                 

Bantayan is definitely my kind of beach. Not crowded +  no night parties. A perfect place to read a book, relax and enjoy the nature!

'Til next time Bantayan! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment